Monday, November 5, 2012

Twelve Days of Christmas....Day One





Welcome to our first Twelve Days of Christmas. I have been so excited in getting ready for today's project. So get ready for some fun and a lot of ideas.

Today I am starting with Snow Flakes in Triple Time. I love making these cards, they are easy and fun. I love Snowflakes, Snowmen and Sleighs.

First let's get started, here is my card. 




Supplies:

Card Stock             Crumb Cake, Natural Ivory
Stamp Sets             More Merry Messages and Snow Flake Soiree
Stampin Ink            Soft Suede and Versa Mark
Ribbon                   Crumb Cake Seam Binding
Accessories            Gold embossing powder for some Bling!

How I made this card:

First I chose the colors I wanted to use, Neutral Ivory and Crumb Cake. I love making Vintage Cards especially around the holidays.

  1. I cut 51/2 x 51/2 Crumb Cake and folded to make my base card. Then I cut a piece of Neutral Ivory 4 x 51/4 this makes the base layer.
  2. Then I cut 31/4 x 4 1/2 crumb cake for the mat of the second layer. Then I cut 3 x 4 1/4 of Neutral Ivory for the top layer.
  3. Then I cut 21/4 x 31/2 of Crumb Cake for the mat of the 3rd layer. Then I cut 2 x 31/4 of Neutral Ivory for the top piece.
Now for the fun part, you layer each top piece with just enough adhesive to hold in place. Now normally you would stamp all 3 pieces and start matting, but I took it one step further I stamped my message onto the top piece and then stamped snow flakes all over with Versa Mark.  I sprinkled them with Stampin Up Gold embossing powder. Heat set with Stampin UP Heat Gun.  I then separated each piece and sponged the edges with Soft Suede to add shading. Then I glued each piece to the matting pieces, after that I then placed each piece on top of each other to form 3 layers. For some added texture I added some Crumb Cake Seam Binding Ribbon and for some fun added another snowflake for added bling.

I hope you enjoyed your stop today and let me know what you think. I enjoy reading each comment.

Don't forget to come back Wednesday for another project. If you would like more information email me at jackielwatson2009@hotmail.com

Jackie



3 comments:

  1. I have yet to try triple stamping. The embossing makes it extra nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Sis, and I can't wait for everyone to see what else you have cooked up for them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Jackie! I love that you embossed AND triple stamped!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...