- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. This recipe makes about 6 dozen cookies.
- Mix flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs( one at a time) and vanilla, mix well.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Stir in oats, pecans and dried cherries.
- Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking for 1 minute and move to wire racks; cool completely.
Now I will post Lisa's German Christmas Cookies
- Place milk in a measuring cup and stir in baking soda.
- Cream butter in medium bowl. Add the sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Sift in the flour and salt. Add the milk/baking soda mixture.
- Cover and chill for several hours.
- Line cookie sheets with baking/parchment paper.
- Set oven to 350 (I use 340 on convection bake).
- On a floured surface, roll dough and cut cookies.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes