Friday, November 16, 2012

Twelve Days of Christmas Day Six



Christmas Gift Tin and Magnets

Today's gift to you is something I make all the time. I love giving gifts to special friends and family and this one goes over very well. You can adapt them to any occasion, I made one for my son the Chef using kitchen items inside the magnet (bread, rolling pin) sometimes I have to search for the pictures, but that makes it even more special. What you can put in them is limitless.

Let's get started this is what you will be making; since of the time involved I thought what a great weekend project!!



Supplies needed to do this project:


Card stock:                 Gumball Green, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla and Glimmer Paper (Silver)
Designer paper           Be of Good Cheer (from the 2012-2013 Catalog)
Punches                       2 3/8” Scallop circle, 1 3/8" circle, 1 3/4" circle, 1" circle and large eyelet
Ribbon:                       Gumball Green Satin Stitched
Stamp Set:                   Delightful Decorations (retired) or Petite Pairs
Stamp Pad                   Cherry Cobbler
Accessories                Bottle Caps, magnets, tin, Crystal Effects, snail adhesive and for added
                                   Bling I added some Stampin Up Rhinestones!!

Directions:

Assemble your supplies:





 

Assemble each magnet, card stock,  designer series paper, or anything you stamp that you want to use for your base layer. I used the Silver Shimmer card stock using my 1 inch circle punch.

Then I adhered the Silver pieces into the bottle cap with Adhesive or Sticky Strip just to hold it in place. (Note: It is important that the piece is secure because when the Crystal Effects is poured in, the piece will "float" otherwise.)





Next I stamped some cute Christmas ideas on Very Vanilla card stock, so I can pick the one for the next layer. I also punched 1 inch circles out of the designer paper I used and cut them in half to off set so much sparkle from the silver.


Now as you see on my magnets, I chose something else. Now we are ready to put the pieces on top of the silver pieces with glue or sticky tape.

Pour Crystal Effects into the bottle cap on top of the image as shown in the photo below.




The next photo shows you how they will look after you have added the Crystal Effects, they will look cloudy.


Allow the pieces to dry over night or until it's beginning to appear clear. Then apply a Rhinestone to the piece. Literally "drop" it onto the Crystal Effects so that it doesn't sink or get covered up by the liquid. (After you have put Rhinestone in allow the bottle caps to dry at least overnight and be sure that they are placed on a level surface so the liquid dries evenly).

They should be clear and sparkly like my picture below.

Inside Directions:

Cut the strips of card stock and Designer Series Paper to go inside the tin. Bottom layer is 5-1/4 x 3-1/2, then I rounded the edges of the bottom piece and glued it to the bottom of my tin.


Next for the next layer I used the reverse side of the DSP and cut it 5-1/4 x 1-1/4. Then I took 1 inch piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock and ran it through the eyelet border punch for each side. Then I adhered the pieces together.



Here is what your tin should like when done.




To make the tag, take a piece of the gumball green card stock and using the 2 3/8 in scallop circle punch for the bottom layer, then out of cherry cobbler card stock using the 1 ¾ inch circle punch for the 2nd layer and for the third layer use a piece of designer series paper that matches the ones inside of tin and punch out a circle for your message using the 1 3/8 inch circle punch.


Then you can stamp any message you want inside the circle. I chose at the time Merry Christmas from a retired set at the time, but would replace it with Merry Christmas from Petite Pairs out this years Stampin Up Catalog. I added Rhinestones and Ribbon for additional Bling.

Once bottle caps are completely dry on the inside, turn over and add magnet I use Crystal Effects it works the best for this but be sure to let it dry completely once again. You can use any adhesive you like as long as it is completely dry.




After the magnets are dry, put the magnets inside and line up on strip. They will stick to the bottom of the tin. Here is an example below.



Then close lid, flip the tin over and it is time to add the belly band and then flip back glue together (I used red sticky tape) to make a stronger hold. Then you can attach the tag.


I added my ribbon bow and that completes this project.




I hope you enjoyed your stop today and let me know what you think. I enjoy reading each comment.

Don't forget to come back on Monday for another project. If you would like more information email me at jackielwatson2009@hotmail.com

Jackie




1 comment:

  1. Maybe the truth is there's a little bit of loser in all of us you know, being happy isn't having everything in your life being perfect. Maybe it's about stringing together all the little things. Making those count more then the bad stuff. Maybe we just get through it and that's all we can ask for.Flights to Karachi
    Cheap Flights to Karachi
    Cheap Air Tickets to Karachi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...