Thursday, April 14, 2011

Creative-Sketches CS28C Challenge



This week on Creative-Sketches you have a COLOR challenge. No sketch, just use the selected colors, We got our colors from a pretty picture of sand dunes. If you would like to play along with us go to
http://www.creative-sketches.com/.  I saw the card I cas for this week on a hop and had to make it. I want to thank Maria for an excellent video on how to make Sweet Peas. If you like a fun challenge go to
http://craftymariasstampingworld.blogspot.com/2011/01/sweet-pea-flower-using-butterfly.html and enjoy. Now here is my card.



Supplies:
Card Stock          Bashful Blue, Daffodil Delight, Very Vanilla, Old Olive and Elegant Eggplant
Ink Pads              Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive, Bashful Blue
Punches               Butterfly Extra large, 5 Petal Flower, 2 Step Bird
Ribbon                Bashful Blue Satin
Stamp Set            Elements of Style
Basic Pearls, water spritzer, Square Lattice Embossing Folder

There are a lot of parts to making this card, but it is so worth it. I had a lot of fun making mine and I hope you watch Maria's video and try these sweet peas for yourself.
I punched out 5 assorted colors using Butterfly punch, punched only 1 Petal Flower using Old Olive and then cut 5 leaves for the leafy stem part of the sweet peas.
Then I punched 4 wing parts from the 2 step Bird punch also in Old Olive for the leaves. Then I took some scrap and cut thin pieces to use for the stems and  curly stems.  Then I took all the parts except stems and spray with water  and then scrunched them and opened back up.  While still wet fold the Butterfly part in half and then in half again and shape into the sweet pea bud( do this for all flower buds) Then let all parts dry.
Then take one of the leafy parts from the 5 petal punch and shape around your bud and glue into place, repeat this until all 5 buds have their green stems. I  then took Daffodil Delight card stock and ran it thu my Big Shot using the Square Lattice Embossing folder. Then I sponged all card stock. Added some ribbon and Pearls!!  Whew! That is all their is to it.
I hope you enjoy my card and leave me your comments.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...