Today's is Pumpkin Cookies!
Bake: 350 degrees
Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 3-4 dozen
2 sticks unsalted butter
2 eggs room temperature
2 tablespoons milk (I use fat free)
2 15oz cans 100% pumpkin not pumpkin pie mix
4 cups flour
1 cup walnuts (chopped finely)
4 tablespoons baking powder
2 tablespoons baking soda
Pinch of Salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon ground cloves
2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions for Cookies
- In large bowl cream sugar and butter until smooth.
- In another bowl blend eggs, milk, and vanilla together then gradually add sugar mixture.
- Mix flour, soda, baking powder, spices and nuts together until blended then gradually add to cream mixture.
- Add in pumpkin to creamed mixture and blend until fluffy. Then drop onto ungreased cookie sheet. I use a teaspoon for small cookies and a large spoon for larger cookies. These will spread a little so leave about 2 inches between them.
Directions for Frosting
- Mix all ingredients until creamy, frosting should be thick.
- Frost cookies after they have cooled all the way or the frosting will run.
- You can serve right away or layer in containers and freeze until you are ready to serve.