Friday, December 7, 2012

Friday's TIp of the Day: It's Christmas Cookie TIme

I thought I would share with you some of my favorite Christmas Cookies that my family has loved over the next few days.
This recipe was given to me by my son's Grandmother Pat, a very nice Italian lady who liked to bake at Christmas. I have tried to bake these every year after she passed away to keep up the family tradion.

Today's is Pumpkin Cookies!




Bake: 350 degrees

Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 3-4 dozen
Ingredients:
2 cups   sugar
2 sticks   unsalted butter
2 eggs   room temperature
2 tablespoons    milk (I use fat free)
2  15oz cans       100% pumpkin not pumpkin pie mix
4 cups    flour
1 cup    walnuts (chopped finely)
4 tablespoons   baking powder
2 tablespoons   baking soda
Pinch of Salt
2 teaspoons    cinnamon
½ teaspoon     nutmeg
½ teaspoon    ground cloves

2 teaspoons   vanilla

Directions for Cookies
  1. In  large bowl cream sugar and butter until smooth.
  2. In another bowl blend eggs, milk, and vanilla together then gradually add sugar mixture.
  3. Mix flour, soda, baking powder, spices and nuts together until blended then gradually add to cream mixture.
  4. Add in pumpkin to creamed mixture and blend until fluffy. Then drop onto ungreased cookie sheet. I use a teaspoon for small cookies and a large spoon for larger cookies. These will spread a little so leave about 2 inches between them.
 Ingredients for Frosting:
 1 teaspoon salt
 1 stick butter
 4 cups powdered sugar
 8-10 tablespoons milk
 1 teaspoon vanilla
 1 8oz package cream cheese (room temperature)

Directions for Frosting

  1. Mix all ingredients until creamy, frosting should be thick.
  2. Frost cookies after they have cooled all the way or the frosting will run.
  3. You can serve right away or layer in containers and freeze until you are ready to serve.
I hope if you try these wonderful cookies you will let me know and email me at jackielwatson2009@hotmail.com. This is my gift to you this Holiday Season.

Jackie

1 comment:

  1. I love pumpkin! These sound yummy. One question--does the recipe call for the small or large cans of pumpkin? I think they are 15 and 24 oz. cans. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...