Friday, December 14, 2012

SU Stars December Blog Hop

Welcome to the last Blog Hop of the from SU Stars for 2012. This year has gone by rather quickly for me. This month's theme was Holiday/Winter. I decided to make something I haven't done in a long time a Easel Card. I love the ease and simplicity of this card.

If you came from , Denise Foor blog then have landed in the right place wasn't her card just wonderful. If you want to start at the beginning go to http://su-stars.blogspot.com/.

Let's get started!! Here is my Easel Card.

Supplies:
Card Stock                     Gumball Green, Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Whisper White
Ink                                  Gumball Green, Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso
Stamp set                        More Merry Messages
Ribbon                            Satin Stitched (Gumball Green)
Designer Series Paper    Festival of Prints paper stack
Embossing Folder          Petals a Plenty
Markers                          Cherry Cobbler, Gumball Green, Crumb Cake
Accessories                    Red Sticky Tape, Stampin Dimensionals, Big Shot Machine and Basic Pearls
I will give details on how made my card, but there is a wonderful video on yu-tube that explains it much better than I. I have posted that below. You also can go to Splitcoaster's and type in easel card and get information on different sizes as well. I chose to do a vertical card, changing up the sizes a little to get the effect I wanted.

Directions:
  1. First cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 41/4" x 11, this will be the base or easel.
  2. Then I scored at 5 1/2, 8 1/4 and folded on the crease line with my bone folder.
  3. I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" for the card front.
  4. Next I cut the layers for the card front, 1st layer  4" x 5 1/4" in Gumball Green, 2nd 3 5/8" x 4 7/8"
  5. in Whisper White, 3rd layer 3 1/4" x 2 1/4" in Cherry Cobbler, 4th layer 2 1/2" x 3" in Whisper White.  
  6. Then I cut another piece designer series paper 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"
  7. Now I cut 4 pieces of card stock for that a piece of Whisper White 2 3/4" x 4 1/4" and ran that thru the Big Shot as well using the Petals a Plenty embossing folder.
  8. Then I cut a piece of Gumball Green 1 3/4" x 4 1/4", a piece of Cherry Cobber 1 3/8" x 4" and last Whisper White 1 1/8" x 3 3/4" and stamped my message on that piece.

After you get all the piece's cut out and stamped, you now start assembling the card front. I ran piece of the Whisper White thru the Big Shot using my Petals a Plenty embossing folder. Stamped my imagine on another piece. Then glued them all together and added some Ribbon.



Then I glued the pieces onto the base or inside of the card. For some added support and a little Bling I added Pearls on each side of the bottom pieces. Then I put sticky tape on the small piece of my easel the 2 1/4 x 4 1/4. Remove red film and place the top part of my face card onto it. Now you should be able to open and stand up your easel using the Pearls and Message.




I hope you have enjoyed my card for you today and now it is time to hop on over to B.Jayne at her blog http://jaynestamps.com, I know you will love what she has done for you.

Thanks for stopping by. I love comments, so be sure to leave one. I hope you too find some time to create something fun for yourself...Enjoy!

Here is the video in case my instructions are not clear.




Jackie





4 comments:

  1. Love this card!!!! Great colors and layout. Thanks so much for the directions!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite stamp sets, Greeting Card Kids, and you made her so beautiful. Love your easel card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, Sis. Love that stamp set.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...