Friday, February 1, 2013

Birthday Wishes

Today I am posting a birthday card for my grandson James. I wanted to make a card that is just as unique as he is. I love making Vintage looking cards and this is my first try at one for a guy and the new stamp sets from the Spring Catalog and Sale-a-brations just fit right in.



Supplies

Card Stock                       Crumb Cake, Indigo Island, Very Vanilla (inside)
Stamp Sets                        Hearts a Flutter, Feeling Sentimental, Beautiful Birthday
Framelit                            Hearts a Flutter
Designer Series Paper      Tea for Two
Stampin Ink                       Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso
Tools                                Gold Brads for some Bling! Big Shot Machine

Directions
  1. Made base card using Crumb Cake 51/2" x 41/4"
  2. Next layer was Indigo Island  51/4" x 4"
  3. Top layer 5" x 33/4" tore bottom.
  4. Next cut a strip of designer series paper (news paper ad)from Tea for Two 5" x 1" and tore bottom. edge and matched up to Crumb Cake top  and glued together.
  5. Sponged around the edges of the top layer with Cherry Cobbler. 
  6. Then I stamped the Telephone Booth in the lower right hand corner.
  7. Next I stamped the ribbons from Hearts a Flutter 1 with Cherry Cobbler other Indigo Island
  8. Then using the matching die cut from the framelits bundle thru my Big Shot machine.
  9. Next placed ribbons on the side added Gold Brads.
  10. Finally stamped celebrate in the middle with Cherry Cobbler.
  11. On the inside I stamped Happy Birthday onto Very Vanilla card stock with Early Espresso.
 I loved making this card it was quick, easy and turned out great. I believe my grandson will like it.

Thanks for stopping by and if you want more information about this card, Spring Mini or Sale-a-brations email me at jackielwatson2009@hotmail.com


Jackie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...