Monday, January 28, 2013

Spring Fling Check Book Cover

I just love making Vintage cards and gifts and this month is no exception. I have for you today a check book cover that I made for myself. There are so many goodies in the new Stampin Up Summer Mini I had a hard time choosing. I hope you like it, I know I do.
Supplies:
Designer's Series Paper                   Tea for Two (Summer Mini)
Ribbon                                              Rose Red Seam Binding, Large Oval Lace (from the Artisan
                                                          Embellishment Kit)
Punch                                                Elegant Butterfly
Embosslit                                          Beautiful Wing

Directions for Hearts a Flutter Check Book Cover
  1. First take your checkbook cover and empty it out or you can buy an clear one at your local craft store. Measure the length and width of your check book.
  2. Cut your Designer Series Paper (I chose Hearts a Flutter from the Spring Mini) 6 1/4" x 6 3/4" now remember some check books may be smaller and you might have to adjust.
  3. Then I rounded the edges with my Stampin up corner punch.
  4. Then place the paper into the cover to make sure it fits.   
  5. Next I cut a piece of Hearts a Flutter designer series paper and put it in the
  6. Beautiful Wings Embosslit and ran them through using the Big Shot machine and put it aside.
  7. Then I took a piece of Rose Red card stock and using the Elegant Butterfly punched out a Beautiful Butterfly and put it aside.
  8. Next I used another butterfly from the Beautiful Wings embosslit and put it aside.
  9. Then I cut a piece of Rose Red Seam Binding that would fit around the designer series paper enough to adhere.
  10. Next I cut a piece of the large lace from the Artisan Embellishments Kit from the Spring Mini.
  11. Then I assembled all the pieces and attached the seam binding first glued it down.
  12. Next I adhered the Large Lace over the seam binding and the attached the Butterflies.
  13. For alittle more Bling I added Basic Pearls to the Butterflies and a Rose Red Rose in the center.
  14. I also added Butterflies and Pearls to the back cover .
I slid the finished piece into my plastic sleeve and now I have a beautiful Checkbook Cover that when I have to write out a check that makes me smile!
A  checkbook cover is a simple project that makes a great gift for that special someone or for yourself as I did.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed my project today. I just love the New Hearts a Flutter Designer Series Paper and when I bundle it with the Hearts of Flutter Stamp Set and Framelit my brain goes a flutter with all kinds of ideas. For now this is the end of my series of projects. I hope you check out the Valentine card and gift set.

If you are interested in any of the products about please visit my web page
http://stampingjackiewatson.stampinup.net or you can email me at jackielwatson2009@hotmail.com



Thanks again for stopping by and as usual feel free to leave comments, I love reading them

Jackie


 

1 comment:

  1. Hi there would you mind stating which blog platform you're using? I'm going to start my own blog soon but I'm having a difficult time selecting between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your layout seems different then most blogs and I'm looking
    for something completely unique.
    P.S My apologies for being off-topic but I had to ask!
    friends reunited dating
    Also see my webpage - dating sites free

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...