Wednesday, January 9, 2013

January Birthdays

January is a busy month with cleaning, packing Christmas away, getting ready for the launch of the Spring Mini, SAB and of course Birthdays!  I posted the card for my grandson already cutest mug, and today is the card I made for my son.  His card could be one of my 20 minute cards, it was that easy to do.

Supplies

Card Stock                           Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Always Artichoke
Stamp Sets                            Loving Thoughts, Beautiful Birthday
Button                                   Natural Designer
Framelit                                Apothecary Accents                 
Embossing Folder                Chevron
Designer Series Paper          Regals Designer Series paper stack
Accessories                     Linen Thread,
Stampin Marker                    Early Espresso


Directions
  1. Cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 51/2" x 41/4" and fold this is to make your base card.
  2. Next cut 1 each of  Always Artichoke, Designer Series Paper and Crumb Cake mine are 11/4" x 51/4" which leaves a space in between them.
  3. Then I run each piece through my Big Shot using the Chevron embossing folder. Then I adhered them to my base card.
  4. I used a piece of left over designer paper and the die cut from Apothecary and run that through my Big Shot. To get the back up piece, I traced the die cut and cut out by hand.
  5. Using my Early Espresso marker I colored the stamp from Loving thoughts onto Whisper White card stock. Then cut to make it look like a Ribbon.
  6. Stamped Happy Birthday on the inside using Early Espresso.
  7. Next I run the Linen thread through one of the brown buttons and glued to the front of my card.

This was a easy card to make, simple and clean. I have a hard time making cards for the men in my family. My new year resolution is to practice more.

Thanks for stopping by I hoped you enjoyed my project today. As always feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them.

Jackie 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...