Thursday, September 29, 2011

Creative Sketches Challenge-CS50

Welcome to this Thursday's Creative Sketch Challenge! The challenge this week was to make a 5x7 mini scrapbook using this weeks sketch shown below.



I have to admit making a mini scrapbook page is challenging, mainly because I like to load the pages up. Here is my scrapbook for this week.

Once I picked out the card stock and decided that I wanted to stamp my own background using the large rose stamp from Elements of Style on the new in color Wisteria and Whisper White.  Then after spending all day going through photo's of the family I came across this photo of my mother and me at my wedding a few years ago. I decided to make a memory page since my mother has passed away since that day, but I loved her being there. My mother loved lace, flowers and very feminine things. So I got out my punches and made a lace mat for the photo and lace around the card stock. Took my white satin ribbon and sponge it too match the card stock (Wisteria Wonder). The sentiment is from a retired stamp set (Sketches). I inked the roses with Wisteria Wonder markers and for some added bling a lot of Basic Pearls. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did in making this tribute to my mother.

Supplies:
Card Stock                         Wisteria Wonder, Whisper White
Stamp pad                          Wisteria Wonder
SU Markers                        Wisteria Wonder
Punches                               Eyelet Border, Decorative Label
Ribbon                                White Satin
Stamp Sets                          Element of Style, Four Frames and Sketches(retired)
Other  accessories              Basic Pearls and satin roses(retired)          

If you would like to join in go to our website at http://wwwcreative-sketches.com/ and submit your scrapbook page  by clicking on linky tools. I can't wait to see what you come up with.


         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...