Saturday, June 18, 2011

Creative Sketches - Masked Technique

This week's challenge on Creative Sketches is to use the Masked Technique.  Enjoy my project 
and come on over and join us in this challenge by entering your project today!


My Because I Care  card was fun to make -- sailing the seas is where I would like to be!

The masking technique is fun and can be used on any card, scrapbook page or 3-D item.
  
To create this card:

  I stamped the main image on regular typing paper and cut it out as well as stamping it on Whisper White card stock in Basic Black ink.

  I punched out a circle using the 2-1/2" Circle Punch.




  I placed the cut out image over the stamped image on the card stock with non-permanent.

  After attaching the ship, I placed the "hole" from punching out the 2-1/2" circle over the stamped ship and sponged on Daffodil Delight ink around the ship.  

  To finish the "shining moon" effect, I sponged on Cajun Craze around the top of the circle.  








  After completing the "shining moon", I placed the circle, previously punched out, over it and sponged on Bashful Blue and Marina Mist to create an early evening ambiance.

  To finish the seascape, I masked the ship again and inked up the bottom of the ship in Basic Black, stamped off once and stamped more water.  This step was repeated about ten times to create the ocean.

  I layered the stamped Whisper White* card stock to Bashful Blue card stock*, layered it to Basic Black card stock* and attached all to the base card.

  *Corners were punched with the Ticket Corner Punch.
  
To complete the card, I stamped a frame from the Four Frames stamp set (in the new 2011-2012 Idea Book and Catalog) in Marina Mist and the sentiment from the retiring Hostess Set Because I Care and attached to the base card using Stampin' Dimensionals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...