Friday, December 20, 2013

Gingerbread Men

It is that time of the year again, Christmas Cookies. Although over the last several years I don't bake and cook like I use to, I still like to some cookies. Today I made Ginger Bread cookies with the help of my son. I mixed and made the dough and we cut them out and decorated. So how is that for team work. We had fun and that is all that matters. Here is a picture and my recipe. Enjoy and I hope you make some cookie memories of your own.


 
 
 

Ingredients

3 cups  flour
2 tsp.  ground Ginger
1 tsp.   ground Cinnamon
1 tsp.   baking soda
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup (11/2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup molasses
1 egg
1tsp. pure vanilla extract
 

Mix  first 6 ingredients; set aside. Beat  butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add molasses, egg and vanilla mix well.

Gradually beat in flour mixture  on low speed until well mixed.  Divide dough into2 flat discs and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.

Roll  out dough to 1/4 inch thickness on lightly floured work surface.  Cut into gingerbread men shapes with a 5 in cookie cutter.  Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.

Bake  in preheated 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes or until edges of cookies just begin to brown. Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks and cool completely. Decorate cookies as desired. With either white icing or sprinkles.

Store cookies in tight container up to 5 days.

Makes 2 dozen.
 
I hope you enjoy making these as much as we did.
 
Jackie and Joey

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...