Monday, March 21, 2011

The Fancy Fold Tutorial as I Promised

Here is the tutorial I promised of the card I made for SU-Stars Blog Hop. This was my first attempt at a Fancy Fold card and it was fast easy and fun.

SPECIAL NOTE!

This is NOT my original design for the fold on the card I CASED it from Patrice Herrera at http://mylittlepatchofdirt.blogspot.com. I also believe you can find the original on Splitcoaststampers or in Fancy Fold CD over at Technique Junkies. I did design and decorate this finished card. I adjusted some of the measurements to fit my theme.

It is only right to give credit where credit is due.

Here is the Outside
 Here is the Inside

Now onto my tutorial:

Supplies Needed:

1 piece of Old Olive Card Stock - 8 1/2 x 5 1/2
2 pieces of card stock 1 in Perfect Plum and 1 in Springtime Vintage Designer Series Paper (DSP) -5 1/4 x 1 7/8
2 pieces of card stock 1 in Perfect Plum and 1 in Springtime Vintage DSP - 5 x 1 5/8
1 piece of card stock of Perfect Plum 5 x 4
1 piece of Springtime Vintage DSP 4 7/8 x 3 ¾
1 piece of Whisper White Card Stock - 2 7/8 x 5/8
1 piece of Old Olive Card Stock - 3 7/8 x 6/8
1 piece of Springtime Vintage DSP - 4 x 5/8
1 piece of Perfect Plum card stock 4 1/2 x 1 7/8
1 piece of Perfect Plum card stock 4 ½ x 3 ½ (for photo)
1 piece of scrap Old Olive to make the leaves
SU Elements of Style Stamp Set
SU stamp pads; Old Olive, Perfect Plum
1 Medium Rosette
VersaMark
Glue Dots, Red sticky tape
1 Perfect Plum Marker (I used to color the Rosette)
1 small Basic Pearl
Clear Embossing Powder
Bone Folder


Instructions: For inside Panel

Cut a 8.5 x 11 piece of card stock in half 4 1/4 x 5 1/2

Score at 2 1/8 and 4 1/4 use the bone folder to smooth edges.

 
Prepare cut card stock and DSP by sponging the edges and the layers  for the outside and inside folds.

Cut  2 pieces of card stock 1 in Perfect Plum and 1 in Springtime Vintage Designer Series Paper (DSP) 5 1/4 x 1 7/8

2 pieces of card stock 1 in Perfect Plum and 1 in Springtime Vintage DSP - 5 x  1 5/8




Use VersaMark and Perfect Plum to stamp the inside of the  Perfect Plum panel with the Rose stamp from the Elements of Style Stamp Set and then use clear embossing powder and heat with heat gun and then set aside before attaching it to the DSP. 


Cut  1 piece of card stock of Perfect Plum 5 x 4 and 1 piece of Springtime Vintage DSP 4 7/8 x 3 ¾


Attach the inside large Perfect Plum piece of card stock to the Springtime vintage DSP piece then attach to the center panel.

 Cut 1 piece of Perfect Plum card stock 4 ½ x 3 ½ (for photo). Attach that to the DSP.




Now for the Outside Panel:

1 piece of Whisper White Card Stock - 2 7/8 x 5/8

1 piece of Old Olive Card Stock - 3 7/8 x 6/8
1 piece of Springtime Vintage DSP - 4 x 5/8
1 piece of Perfect Plum card stock 4 1/2 x 1 7/8




Stamp the sentiment on the Whisper White piece of card stock and cut it into an arrow. (Remember to sponge ink on all of the pieces of card stock for the front panel. Cut the Old Olive piece into an arrow shape as well. Assemble so that all pieces go on top of the Perfect Plum/DSP piece, smallest to largest.

I punched out little leaves of Old Olive with my Big Shot and the Little Leaves die. Then I dyed one of the medium Rossettes from the Occ Mini with my Perfect Plum Marker. Then attached Rosette and leaves to Whisper White sentiment piece with a two glue dots.

I then attached assembled panel to the front panel. I used  red sticky tape strips to secure the right half of the panel. Place this piece about half way down the outside panel or where ever you would like the sentiment to be. I found using sticky tape held better than glue dots.

That should do it. The fun thing about making this style of  card is that you can use it for almost any occasion. I know I will be making more of them for my friends and family.

2 comments:

  1. Great tutorial! Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tutorial, thanks so much for playing this week at creative-sketches.com. I will need to try this out myself!
    Heather Pilz

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...