Thursday, June 23, 2011

Creative Sketches Challenge CS38H

This week challenge is a sketch with a twist it also needs to reflect a Holiday. Any Holiday you like, even Birthdays, Anniversary.!!!


Here is my card I chose Christmas (My favorite time of the year):

Here is the inside of my card:


Supplies I used:

Stamp Sets: Tree Trimmings and Christmas Greetings

Card Stock: Cherry Cobbler, Pear Pizzazz and Whisper White
Stamp Pads: Cherry Cobbler, Pear Pizzazz; Whisper White craft pad
Big Shot and Scalloped Circle Die
Accessories: Snail Adhesive, White Stampin' Embossin' Powder, Embossing Buddy, Stamping Sponges, Basic Rhinestones, Heat Tool, Stamp-a-ma-jig

Directions:

Base Card: 4-1/4"X11" Pear Pizzazz folded in half
First Layer: 4"x5-1/4" Cherry Cobbler
Second Layer: 4" Pear Pizzazz Circle
Top Layer: Scalloped Circle made with Bigz Die and Big Shot Die Cutting Machine (Whisper White)


I stamped ornament images in Cherry Cobbler on Whisper White after cutting out Scalloped Circle. Using Stamp-a-ma-jig, line up string and stamp in Pear Pizzazz. Sponge edges in Cherry Cobbler.


I then layered stamped scallop circle to 4" Pear Pizzazz Circle.
Using Embossing Buddy, gently tap Cherry Cobbler card stock in area where greeting will be stamped (helps to stop embossing powder from sticking to oils from hands).
I then stamped Merry Christmas in Whisper White ink, sprinkle White embossing powder over stamped sentiment, heat set with heat tool.

I then attached Cherry Cobbler layer to base card. Then attached 4" Pear Pizzazz Circle to base card.
Everyone know I had to add alittle  Bling (Basic Rhinestones) to mine or yours heart's content.

Now for the inside:
I layered with Whisper White card stock (4"x5-1/4").
Then I stamped sentiment in Cherry Cobbler. Then I stamped one of the ornaments in Cherry Cobbler.
and added alittle bling with a basic Rhinestone.

I hope you enjoyed my card today.  I am sorry the pictures are not clearer, the card is quite gorgeous.

If you would like to play along with us go to: http://wwwcreative-sketches.com/ and submit your card by clicking on linky tools. I will be waiting to see what you come up with.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...