Friday, October 26, 2012

Friday's Tip of the Day

Shading using Markers and Reinkers

Today tip is how to use our markers and reinkers in shading. I don’t know about you, but I always have a hard time with shading. Getting the colors to blend correctly and placing the highlights where they belong. A couple of years ago I ran across this pictorial on how to do this amazing technique!
 This technique made it a lot easier for me.  So to give credit where it belongs I saw this on Jennifer Foley's blog.   Her card was amazing,  I decided to share with you what I had done. Now I also will include step instructions.

So let's get started, first here is my card done, I love the way it came out. This is the easiest shading effect that I have ever done.


Supplies
Card Stock                            Early Espresso, Soft Suede and Vary Vanilla
Stampin Ink                           Stazon Black, Eary Espresso
Markers                                 Only Orange
Re-Inkers                               Soft Suede
Ribbon                                   Daffodil Delight Stitched(I colored it with Only Orange)
Button                                    Neutrals Designer Button in Early Espresso
Stamp Set                              Blooming in Kindness

Here is how to do it: 
  1. Choose the colors that you want or use the color coach to choose a Dynamic Duo color combination.  
  2. Choose one of  the re-inkers for the dark color, and the marker for the light color.
  3. Squeeze one drop of ink into a color palette or a plastic container or paper plate.
  4. Place the brush tip of the marker into the ink until it absorbs the desired amount of ink that you want. 
  5. When you color an image with the side of your marker, you will get two colors for a shaded affect. 
When you are done to get rid of the re-inker on your marker just color on a scrap piece of paper until the darker color is gone.

I did have to play around with it for a few minutes, but once I got the hang of it I was in love with the results!!!  I also tried some added effect by taking my aqua painter and only orange marker and did additional highlights. This is optional.

 Here what mine looked light before I finished the card.


 That’s it! I hope you like it. It looks like it took a really long time to make, but in reality it only takes about 5 minutes to make, if that!
Adding additional card stock, ribbon and button. All together about 10 minutes. I don't know about you but I like quick cards. I love this technique.

Let me know what you think of it, and if you try it send me a picture and I will post it on my blog.  Just email me at jackielwatson2009@hotmail.com.

Thanks for stopping by,
Jackie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...